Friday, April 9, 2010

Ma.

There are little things from childhood that one always tends to remember.. The first friend, the first scary movie, the first crush...

I remember my first slam book.. I had filled it for a girl called Sanaa in my class. Must have been in Class II. Like most slam books or autograph books, it had lots of silly questions..

What is love according to you?

Ans. Rubbish in the dustbin!!
Yes!! Im serious, this was one of my patented lines when I was little.. Wish I believed it later in life!

Who is your favourite actor and actress?

Ans. Akshay Kumar and Kajol!

Even then I had a dislike for SRK! Thankfully, this hasn't changed!

Who is your best friend?

Ans. My mom


This, I suppose was written then so that I didn't hurt my other close friends. It was a perfect goody-goody answer, no one could accuse me of partiality (yes, people used to do that then. I was pretty popular!)

But as time has flown, I realised how correct I was. My best friend is indeed my mother.
Throughout 21 years of my existence, she is the one who has loved me truly. She is my true friend, motivator, confidante, guide.. you name it!
I have had many many friends, some too close, some not. But she is consistent, ever-present, whenever I need her. Many of my friends have left me, she is still there. I guess she's too patient to tolerate someone like me, while others run away.

Just to say ma, I love you. You're my best best friend. I promise to always be there. Plz keep my secrets safe! :)

No comments: